European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL)
Creation of a web TV channel
50 shows per year
EASL, the European Association for the Study of the Liver, is a medical association dedicated to pursuing excellence in liver research, to the clinical practice of liver disorders, and to providing education to all those interested in hepatology. With more than 4,500 members from around the world, EASL brings together leading hepatology experts.
As part of its mission to educate, train, and share knowledge, EASL wanted to produce and broadcast a weekly show featuring experts on current issues.
- Meet the association’s production and image quality requirements to match television standards (formatting, sound, TV, etc.).
- Produce a 30-minute show featuring a discussion between experts and participants from their homes.
Design, produce, and broadcast EASL’s web TV show.
- Organise workshops with EASL’s teams to determine the programme format.
- Produce and film a pilot programme under live conditions.
- Adjust the format and technical systems and approve the final system.
- Put together a team to manage the show from A to Z each week (as well as a backup team).
- Produce a livestream that meets the client’s needs for quality and latency.
- Manage interactivity to allow the remote audience to ask questions.
- Provide post-production for optimal replay viewing.
Despite the lockdown and cancellation of in-person meetings, EASL was able to keep in touch with its 4,500 members and continue sharing knowledge in this new format, which was quite popular.