11th IAS Conference on HIV Science
International AIDS Society (IAS)
18–21 July 2021
More than 5,000 participants / 135 countries / More than 800 e-posters & abstracts collected and published on demand / 143 sessions / 54 satellite meetings / Up to 6 simultaneous virtual rooms.
Founded in 1988, the International AIDS Society (IAS) is the world’s largest association of HIV professionals, with members in more than 170 countries. The IAS advocates and drives urgent action to reduce the impact of HIV and organises one of the world’s most prestigious HIV conferences: the IAS Conference on HIV Science. This biennial conference presents critical advances in basic, clinical, and operational HIV research that move science into policy and practice.
Given the limitations of the COVID-19 pandemic, the IAS conference on HIV science to be held in Berlin, Germany on 18–21 July 2021 had to be staged virtually.
Quickly provide an innovative and comprehensive virtual conference solution for the IAS’ key event in 2021.
Execution: Customisation of the platform to offer a unique experience
- Design and customise the platform.
- Develop an advanced navigation bar to allow participants to visit the site without leaving the page being viewed.
- Create a custom design for the interfaces.
- Produce customised content and design for live pages.
- Classify posters by theme.
- Set up a virtual exhibition with a mix of 2D and 3D components.
- Create enriched user profiles.
- Offer advanced search options for participant and speaker profiles.
- Develop an advanced chat box.
- Offer one-to-one video networking.
- Ensure IAS SSO integration into the IAS website.
- Integrate “Meet the Experts” sessions with limited seating and control entries and exits.
- Customise the speakers’ space.
- Manage consent forms according to speaker and session.
- Deliver simultaneous interpretation in 3 languages for multiple sessions.
- Provide livestreaming from the hub based in the Berlin Congress Centre.
- Produce post-conference reporting, detailed statistics, and analysis using PowerBI.
Following the success of the fully virtual conference staged by KEY4EVENTS, the 2022 edition will use a hybrid format, combining an in-person gathering in Montréal, Canada with virtual meetings.